Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our Trip the Strawberry Fields




We tried to enjoy a local tradition of going to the Carlsbad Strawberry Fields to pick our own strawberries. I went during the week with my Women of Faith group from church. Without Rex there to help it was quite a challenge. It was literally in the fields, so bringing a stroller would have been silly, however it was quite dirty and muddy being that it was just fields and so if I put Jacob down, he would have gotten extremely dirty. I am too pregnant to carry him around in the baby bjorn, so that left the only option of carrying Jacob, holding the bucket to collect the strawberries, trying to take pictures (you all know how much I love taking pictures) and of course meticulously examining the strawberries Emily was picking to make sure they were actually red and of decent size rather than the green pea size ones that she was drawn to. Jacob loves all fruit and so he kept signing "more" over and over again wanting to eat everything in the bucket. Due to the nature of the fields we had to wash all strawberries before eating so this was just torture for Jacob! All that hard work... and it pays off. Those strawberries were the sweetest ones I have ever tasted!! We have all been enjoying the fruits of our labor... literally!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! Another baby girl and two other healthy babies! God has truly blessed your family! Thanks for linking me to your blog - I can't wait to keep up with your family!
Love,
Amy