Sunday, July 6, 2008

Del Mar Fair proves to be a big moment!



Rex had free tickets to the Del Mar Fair so we decided to take his poker winnings and spend it on a family day at the fair. After delicious deep fried corn dogs and a good ol' fashion pig race, we ventured over to the kiddie ride section. Of course Emily had stars in her eyes and wanted to ride a few rides...BY HERSELF! I was very nervous (as carnival type rides don't seem that safe to me), Rex as usual thought it was no big deal. As I looked at the screen of the camera as she zoomed past us on the elephant, I had a little tear in my eye as I saw how happy she was to be doing such a big girl activity all by herself! She was so proud and I was sad that my little girl is getting to be so big. Wow, I didn't think it would come so soon! Jacob just loved all of the animals and all of the people that were around us. We didn't stay too long as warm weather, big crowds and lots of walking doesn't appeal to a 9 months pregnant lady too much!

1 comment:

Molly W. said...

Ahh, Emily does look like such a big girl!!