Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Waiting for Taylor to arrive


On Monday the 21st (9 days before my due date) my mom and sister headed down to our house to help with Emily and Jacob as things were starting to get increasingly more difficult for me. (The kids were really needing a bit more positive attention as I was REALLY getting cranky!). I think they came down with hopes that Taylor would come a bit early. Monday night I was having contractions 3-4 minutes apart for almost 4 hours when Rex and I decided to go to the hospital. Once we got there and was monitored it was determined I was just extremely dehydrated. Being only dialated at 2, I was sent home. However, in all of the excitement my mom booked my dad a plane ticket for first thing Tuesday morning. Those of you who know my dad, this was not an easy thing. Being a workaholic and a busy body, sitting and waiting for a baby to be born was not easy... so we busied ourselves on San Diego activities. We went to the zoo (walking like crazy in hopes of bringing this little girl out) and to the beach where my parents were EXHAUSTED chasing Emily and Jacob in and out of the water. Doing things like this helped take a little bit of the pressure off as we waited. It sure was nice though having the help with the kids, the house work and enjoying some unexpected time with my parents and sister. Rex and I were even able to sneak in a date!

No comments: