Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oak Glen Apple Farm with Playgroup Families




Taylor 12 weeks old, and first time facing forward in the bjorn

Finding the Perfect Apple with Daddy





Emily and the boys (Malachi,Jacob,Lucas and Drew)











Well, we did our first official family outing with other San Diego families since living here a year and 3 months. I have been a part of a great play group for a year now but we have never done something all together as families. We decided to do a very festive Fall activity by going apple picking. I know...many have commented on their anticipation of us slowing down our lives, and to me, we have, Doing this activity with Rex too rather than just me and kids is quite a step up. After the hour and half drive north east (I thought Rex was going to kill me when he found out how far we were REALLY having to drive) I was so excited to arrive at the Oak Glen Family Farm. We started out the day with a picnic lunch with the Jarrett's (Dan, Dana, Malachi (3) Elijah (5 mo), the Davis' (Michele and Drew (4)) and the Todd's (Mike, Jami, Lucas (3)). Some brought lunch and others got a tri -tip sandwich. Although the wait for the sandwich was extremely long, it was worth the wait... it was delicious! Then we went to start the festivities. We went on a 20 minute hay ride where we learned all about the apples they grow there, we went to petting zoo where I was afraid a goat was going to eat Jacob's hand and a chicken was going to peck Emily's leg and then sometime simply crawling on the hay, playing on a wagon and getting VERY DIRTY! And then finally came the apple picking. Due to the large amount of little stickers that were everywhere in the dirt, I opted to let Rex take just Emily because I could already see it... Jacob stumbling onto the ground and falling right into the stickers. Emily was so proud of her bag of apples! We ended the day with a trip to the gift shop where of course we ended up with pumpkin bread mix, apple pie and fresh apple cider. At the end of the day we were all so tired AND DIRTY! It was so fun to spend a day with other families, doing activities that the kids really enjoyed. Although it was a lot of work and our kids are so little to really enjoy all Oak Glen has to offer, I think it was definetly an activity I would like to do again!

The Davis'
                                  The Jarrett's



1 comment:

Molly W. said...

You are so good about being intentional and making great memories for your family, Michelle! I'm sure they all loved it!