Saturday, November 15, 2008

And She FINALLY Has Painted Toenails



Everytime I get a pedicure, Emily is fascinated with my toes. It used to be that she just liked to touch them. Then...as she has gotten older and VERY vocal her interest has turned to begging for hers to be painted. Of course my response always was "no, not today, you're still too little". Then one day it dawned on me, why can't she have painted nails. I think I imagined her with these wet nails jumping on the couch and nail polish getting everywhere, or my mind would jump to her all of a sudden being a 13 year old girl. Well, last Saturday when both her and I were recovering from a bout of the flu, she asked me once again for painted toes. I know she was waiting for the normal response of "no" but this time I gave a "sure". The look on her face and twinkle in her eyes were priceless. She sat so still as I painted her toes and giggled as I stroke each toe. As I looked at her toes more closely I realized she has my same feet, a high arch, narrow feet, and HUGE toenails! She could not wait to run downstairs and show her daddy. I know I opened a whole new can of worms, but it was so fun sharing this big girl moment with my little girl. 

1 comment:

Molly W. said...

no joke- I've always thought you had lovely feet!! Perfect toenails, I'm so jealous!! Emily's little toes look adorable, so cute.
PS About me editing some pics of Taylor, you can go ahead and send me a couple and I'll see what I can do, just don't hold your breath on getting them back too fast. :)