Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


This year for Thanksgiving we made an important decision that we were not going to be traveling up north for this holiday. This is the first time in our 7 years of marriage that we decided it was better for our family to stay here. Each year we drive up on Wednesday with half of southern California and then back again Sunday with those same half! To turn around and do that drive 3 weeks later for Christmas is always rough and this year with three kiddos we decided to stay here. It was Rex's parents year for Thanksgiving so we invited them down and to our excitement they CAME! Jim, Sandi, Heidi and Troy... it was so GREAT! It was my first year ever having to provide an entire Thanksgiving meal and I was TERRIFIED! People look forward to the Thanksgiving meal all year long and I was scared I was going to dissapoint. Luckily everything turned out great (I wouldn't know about the stuffing, or sweet potatoes since I don't eat those two things :)). For the weekend Emily, Jacob and Taylor got to enjoy spending time with their Grandparents, and Auntie and Uncle (Taylor got to meet Troy and Heidi for the first time). It was just so great getting to stay home for the weekend that I think we have agreed, this is going to be our new Thanksgiving tradition!

No comments: