Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Emily is a child of God!

** Emily accepts Jesus as her Lord and Savior!!!
My parent dog Kelsie passed away. Since we had just been up at their house during Christmas time, Emily was quite aware of Kelsie. When I explained to her that Kelsie had died because he had gotten old, Emily referred to it being like when Jesus died. We had spent a lot of time talking about Kelsie dying. A few days later when Rex and Emily were driving in the car, she again brought up Kelsie dying. She talked about how Jesus died for our sins and we need to ask Him into our hearts. Whenever Emily had talked about Jesus in the past we had talked about the need to ask Him into our hearts, but we never pushed the issue. However on this given night, in the car talking about Keslie dying, she told Rex very adamently that she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart so that when she died like Kelsie she too would go to heaven. When asked about why Jesus died so sad "He died for my sins and he doesn't want me to do bad things" There the two of them sat and asked Jesus into her heart. Emily was so excited, she couldn't wait to tell me. She wanted to ask Jesus into everyone's heart (Jacob, our cat Scooby). That took some explaining. Through this whole experience, it was just so heart warming as a parent. I never knew how I would feel if my children wanted to ask Jesus into their heart at a young age, it they really could understand what they were asking, if it was genuine...if it really counted so to say. But in that moment, I knew. I knew it counted. I knew it was for real. Emily, with the true faith of a 3 year old child knew. She knew that Jesus died for her sins and that He wants nothing from us other than to believe that HE is who He says that He is and that He wants her to live her life in His knowledge and will. And that through His grace, she is now saved. HALLELUJAH! We are so blessed. Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Molly W. said...

How exciting!! Ah, what a precious moment and how thrilling that she is so excited! Very cool, Emily! xo