Saturday, January 3, 2009

Emily's a Star!



Emily's 1st day of Preschool


Emily & Her teacher Mrs. Slankard


Emily started preschool at the beginning of December. 
My baby is officially attending school! It took us a few months to decide where would be the best fit for Emily and for our family and we decided upon Lambs of Faith in Vista. It has been great for all of us. I think for Emily it has given her an outlet where she can keep herself busy and for myself it has given me a break that allows me to be more patient when we are together. I am so incredibly grateful for the opportunity that we finally have to allow this to happen. The first week that Emily was in school everytime w
e went somewhere while Emily was at school Jacob would stop at the car and say "Mimi, mimi" in fear th
at we had left her behind. When we are at home he often walks around the house calling her name, it is very sweet to see the relationship that they have and how they are growing so close at such a young age, I hope it lasts forever~
On December 14th Emily was in her first stage pe
rformance. Our family won a raffle for the front pew (YEAH). Which meant that we didn't have to get there early to save seats (DOUBLE YEAH) and that we were able to have a good seat to take pictures and video. The pew was ENORMOUS so we were able to share it with our good friends the Jarrett's (TRIPLE YEAH!). I was so nervous of how Emily was going to act while she was on stage. I figured that she was going to get so shy she would just smile and watch everyone else, but to our surprise she was waving a way and was super excited when she saw us in the audience. She sang along and based upon her per
formance I think " We Wish You a Merry Christmas" was her favorite song. After the show we went to Chili's for dinner with the Jarrett's in celebration of our babies on stage! Way to go Emily, we are so proud of you!


Walking in for the show

Our little angel

Emily and Malachi after the show


No comments: