Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!




YEAH for 2009!
I can't believe how quickly 2008 went! As we were driving home from Northern California Rex and I were talking about 2008 (highs and lows) and looking forward to things in 2009. It was then that we realized that this is the first year in 5 years that we weren't expecting any major life transitions (no attempts in getting pregnant, no babies being born, no Master's program to graduate from, no baby being born, no licensing to study for, no new job transition, no relocation, no surprise pregnancy, no new house to move into, and no new baby being born). What a GREAT year we are anticipating. To only have to manage the life that we are current;y used to is looking so absolutely amazing to us. We are crossing our fingers that is going to be all that we are hoping it to be.
To ring in 2009 we went to a Rock Band themed pa
rty hosted my our neighbors the Palmer's. We were supposed to dress up like rock stars. Being that I am not of the rock star type I chose to dress up like Britney Spears and Rex agreed to dress like K-Fed (he is such a good sport). We haven't had a reason to get dressed up on New Years Eve since our friend Colleen's 30th b-day party 4 years ago. Last year we were so tired from working to get our house ready for us to move in and Jacob still not sleeping through the night that we gave each other our New Years kiss long before midnight and slept our way into 2008. We had a GREAT adult night away from the kids and again we felt so grateful for our neighbors and the great community that it has offered to us. Rex has played Rock Band with them all on numerous occasions however I am much too shy and insecure to subject myself to such scrutiny...however, I felt brave enough to give it a
 try. Singing, (no way), drums (too many things going on at the same time), guitar (we already have a guitarist in our family) so I had to try the bass. It was challenging to concentrate (I was trying to listen to every one's conversations as I was playing) however if I was able to focus I realized it was actually very fun. What a way to start the year!
Us as Britney and K-Fed





The Girls of Mount Way

No comments: